Sunday, March 9, 2008

Katie goes Topless, Part 6

Title: Katie goes Topless, Part 6
Author: Tarabeth
Characters: Katie

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Tuesday


I didn’t sleep very well Monday night. Every little noise seemed to wake me up, and not just wake me up, but startle me awake in a panic. I would grasp a hold of Dexter bunny and begin the ritual of talking myself through the fact that I was safe.

I finally decided to get up and moving at 6:00 am. I stopped at Starbucks and ordered a triple vente soy mocha before I got into the office.

I had a difficult time concentrating on getting the report finished for Chris.

My normal therapy appointment is Tuesday afternoons at 3:30. I usually go home after my appointment.

At noon, I was only halfway finished with the report, so I decided I needed to cancel my therapy appointment to get the report finished. I waited until 12:30 to call Jocey, to ensure that she would be in session, when I left the message. “Hi Jocey, it’s Katie Mayfaire, I have a big report I need to get finished and I need to cancel today. I will drop a check off for my missed session tomorrow. I’ll see you next week.”

I put my office phone on do not disturb and went back to writing the report. At 5:30 my cell phone rang, it was Jocey, “Hi Jocey, I am sorry I had to cancel.”

“That’s okay, how are you?” She asked.

“I’m fine, just had to finish this report,” I told her. It probably would have been a good idea to tell her about the flashback, but it could wait until next week.

“Okay, well I’m glad you’re doing well. I just wanted to remind you that I’m leaving for vacation tomorrow. I’ll be back in two and half weeks. If you have anything urgent that comes up, I have a service checking calls and someone will get back to you, okay?” She informed me.

Fuck, this wasn’t good.

“Yep, no problem,” I told her. “I’ll see you when you get back.” I hung up the phone and wiped the tears from eyes, turned my cell phone off and returned to the report.

At 7:30 pm, I e-mailed the finished report to Chris, closed up the office and left for home. On the drive I decided I couldn’t be bothered to make dinner, so I stopped for a whopper meal and ate it in the car, because I was too hungry to wait until I got home.

Fred and George accosted me at the door, they were hungry for food and attention. I didn’t really want to give them either, but with a deep breath I filled their water, dry and wet food bowls, gave them each a little a cuddle and went to the study to check my e-mail.

The first thing I noticed was an urgent e-mail from TJ. Crap. I checked the house phone, three messages, I turned my cell on two messages and a text.

She was not happy.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Copyright TBL 2008