Saturday, November 24, 2007

Roll Over, Baby

Last week at WL chat the topic was: The sick Brat and the thermometer, oral or rectal and why? Is the rectal a power play on the part of the Top, or sex play, or just plain better?

Well, it was a good discussion...you missed out if you weren't there.

Anyway this came out as a response to the discussion...



***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***

Title: Roll Over, Baby
Author: Tarabeth
Pairing: TJ/Katie
Warning: No spanking…but it does involve a rectal thermometer and suppositories

I set the thermometer, lube, and two Tylenol suppositories down on the coffee table, and then I gently patted her hip, “Katie, baby, roll over, I need to check your temperature and give you some medicine.”

She blushed slightly, “In my butt?” She asked in a combined whine and whisper.

“Yes,” I answered with another pat to her hip.

She looked over her shoulder at me, as she rolled towards the back of the sofa, giving me a look that bordered between, ‘thank you’ and ‘I hate you.’ She turned her head back around and hid her face in the cushions as I lowered her pajama bottoms. She released a small whimper as I raised her cheek and inserted the thermometer. “It’s okay love, I’m here,” I said as I held the plastic rod in place with one hand and rubbed her back with the other one, “just relax baby, and let me take care of you," I gently cooed.

Katie closed her eyes, and responded with a barely audible, “okay.”

It had been a few years since we first had the conversation that led us here.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

(Years earlier)

I turned on the thermometer and watched as it registered at zero, “Under your tongue please,” I instructed her as I placed it under her tongue.

She took hold of the end and quickly removed it from her mouth and blew a raspberry, “Pfffthht, did you rinse it off after you poured the rubbing alcohol on it?” She asked with a pout.

“Yes,” I replied, “and if you don’t put it back in your mouth; I will put it someplace where it won’t matter how it tastes,” I teased.

Katie’s face pinked with embarrassment.

“Hey, baby, I was just teasing,” I knelt down beside her, “are you okay?”

She was holding the thermometer in her hands and absentmindedly twirling and staring at it, “Syd and Verge would take my temperature that way sometimes,” she said in a quiet voice.

I brushed her hair out of her face, “Do you want me to take your temperature that way?” I asked.

“NO!” She quickly answered, “I don’t know…maybe.”

I placed my hand under her chin and guided her eyes up to meet mine, “Talk to me, honey,” I requested.

“I don’t like it,” she demanded.

“Okay, sweetie, that’s fine, I won’t take your temperature that way then,” I responded.

“But…” she began as a small tear fell down her face, “it made me feel really cared for, I knew they were going to make sure I got better.”

I nodded for her to continue.

“I get scared when I hold the thermometer in my mouth, I don’t know how high it is going to be…and I don’t feel good…and sometimes it is hard to breathe…it isn’t like that when it is in my butt,” she paused, “I mostly think about when it is going to come out,” she let out a small laugh that hiccuped into a little cry “but I don’t worry, I feel safe, I know that someone I love is there taking care of me, and they will make sure I have everything I need to get better…” she trailed off and we sat quietly for a moment or two, “Never mind, it’s dumb, you probably think I’m kinky…just forget I said anything, okay?”

I scooted behind her on the couch and embraced her, “Katie, I don’t think you are kinky.”

She let out a soft sigh of relief.

“I know you are kinky,” I said with a smile.

She gently slapped my leg in protest.

“And that, my sweet, is one of the things I love about you.”

I felt her begin to relax.

“Honey, I don’t know if your want of me to take your temperature is a kink or not. I don’t really care, if it’s what you want, what you need, then that's what I will I do.”

She leaned back into me, “It feels kind of icky, and sometimes I hate it, and I might still whine about it.”

I smiled, “Okay, so you want me to do this for you?” I questioned.

“Not all the time, but yeah most of the time, I think,” she responded.

“So do you want to tell me when you want me to take it rectally?” I asked.

“NO! I can’t ask you to do that…you have to just do it…don’t ask me ‘cause I will say, ‘no’.”

I let out a small laugh, “Okay then, we will just leave it to my judgment,” I stated.

She nodded, “Yes, please.”

The End.

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Copyright TBL 2008